Back spacing

drat

Looking at coy c67 wheels for my avanti. Wanted to go with 18s or staggered 18 front 19 rear.

The back spacing available is 4 3/4. Anyone have issues with that backspacin? I read some where some one had to go with 4.5 but I can't remember where I read it or if that was 15 inch rims.

Yes. 18x8 front. And either 19x9 or 18x9 rear and I'm running the turner conversion up front.

I thought I read someone saying the zerks rubbed with 4 3/4. I might be able run angled zerks if that was the only hang up. Or a small spacer?

My other option is Tsw nurbubring wheels as they offer more sizes, but I'd rather have cosy as they look more hot rod than supercharger. Either would look great, but the Tsw is my second choice, and more expensive.

Edited by drat

For backspace, if 4 1/2" backspace fits, worst case you'd need 1/4" spacers on the wheel studs, which isn't optimum, but might

work. Stock wheels were 3 3/4" with 6" rim, Magnum 500 wheels were 4 1/8" and later wire wheels were 4", I think.

But, it seems to me the wheel width is an even more serious issue, as it may very well rub the wheel opening lip in the front, not to mention the frame, during turns, especially if you hit a bump at the same time.

Just for the heck of it, I went to the Coy website and didn't find a 19" wheel in that C67 style.

Here is a writeup done about wheel fitting, but it doesn't directly answer your question...

http://www.studebaker-info.org/tech/rjavwhlspecs.html

I I curtly running 15" cragar coke bottles my dad put on the car in 76. I seem to have room to give now and I'm doing measurements off them for overal height with a 60 series in front.

The plus with the Tsw wheels is they have endless offset to play with.

Yeah 18s all around if I go with coy, staggered if nurbubring

Edited by drat