airconditioner

Ross Oldman

I own a 1960 Hawk that has been fitted with an R2 engine (JTS1072). It gets very warm here in tropical northern Australia. I would like to fit an airconditioner but the Supercharger makes this very difficult. Has anyone done this and if so what information can they provide. Photos, parts descriptions etc.

I own a 1960 Hawk that has been fitted with an R2 engine (JTS1072). It gets very warm here in tropical northern Australia. I would like to fit an airconditioner but the Supercharger makes this very difficult. Has anyone done this and if so what information can they provide. Photos, parts descriptions etc.

Hello, Ross,

I don't know of any A/C additions to a Hawk, but two articles appeared in the AOAI magazine that were done on Avanti's. They were in issue numbers 8, Winter 1996, and 105, Fall 1998; they concerned three additions that were made. Two involved moving the battery to the trunk of the car to allow room for the compressor.

If you'd like copies of these articles, I could try e-mailing copies of them to you, but I'm not sure if the file sizes might be too large to permit that easily. If that would not work, I could regular mail copies to you.

Best regards,

Paul Eikenbary

Hello, Ross,

I don't know of any A/C additions to a Hawk, but two articles appeared in the AOAI magazine that were done on Avanti's.  They were in issue numbers 8, Winter 1996, and 105, Fall 1998; they concerned three additions that were made.  Two involved moving the battery to the trunk of the car to allow room for the compressor.

If you'd like copies of these articles, I could try e-mailing copies of them to you, but I'm not sure if the file sizes might be too large to permit that easily.  If that would not work, I could regular mail copies to you.

Best regards,

Paul Eikenbary

Hello again, Ross,

I noted that you had posted a reply with my original quoted message attached; however, I did not see anything back from you. Was there a "glitch" in the "Add Reply" portion of your effort?

Best regards,

Paul Eikenbary

Hello, again, Ross,

I came across another AOAI magazine article about adding A/C to an R2 engine; it appeared in issue #65, Summer '88.

Best regards,

Paul Eikenbary