Need driver's side head light trim surround for 1989 Convertible and 1988 Coupe

JensenHealey

Two of the car I have in my shop are BOTH missing the headlight surround on the driver's side of the car. I have included a photo of the passenger's side part from one of these cars below. Where can I get two of these or even one for right now?

Again I need two driver's side parts and the piece in the photo below is the passenger's side part.

1989_headlight_door_frt.thumb.jpg.e27b82e1c121d3f77fcc327394173ad1.jpg

1989_headlight_door_bck.thumb.jpg.a4b2aa22f61d9e44ac59d4a16bd634a9.jpg

Edited by JensenHealey

• 2 weeks later...

The one they supply have a hole drilled on each corner to mount the trim ring.  They might work!  BTW - did you ever get the driver's door to open?

These late 1988 and 1989 cars do not have a trim ring.
Thus there is no indent around the edge (about a 1/2 inch in from the outside edge) for the trim ring to fit into.
These are completely smooth to the outer edge.
I have not been back over to work on that 1988 LSC car lately.
I have been working on the 1989 convertible instead.

I see what you mean about the smooth edge....If you can't find one, I'd do the next best thing and apply a little 'bodywork' to shape a smooth edge.....grinding, filler, etc!:)

(from that rear view it appears someone at the factory already did that!)

Ya know, maybe the missing two are because it sure looks like they were attached with VELCRO!  Just say'n.

Yeah, one of the parts people I spoke with about these with talked about that crappy velcro attachment of these parts on the later cars. I think his name was George at Olympus Avanti

Strange thing is the 1988 silver blue convertible is car # 286 and it has the four screws holding the bezel on and the lip in the bezel. But the 1988 coupe which is car # 374 has transitioned to the smooth part held on by velcro.