indy international meet

arkus

has a decision been made as to whether or not we will be able to drive our cars around the track? a few years ago i got to drive a collector car, carefully, around daytona speedway. it was quite special; would love the chance at indy. 

11 hours ago, arkus said:

has a decision been made as to whether or not we will be able to drive our cars around the track? a few years ago i got to drive a collector car, carefully, around daytona speedway. it was quite special; would love the chance at indy. 

Not sure about that.....but thought I'd mention we took a side trip to Indy during the 2007 SDC International meet, and had the opportunity to take the van ride around the Indy track....I recall that it seemed like a long distance between leaving the fourth turn and crossing the three feet of brick at the start finish line.

At the two previous SDC Conventions and one Milestone Convention that I attended at Indy, I was able to drive around the track a few laps, in my own car, with little control of speed.  I do not know about the next one.

i was aware that laps had previously been allowed at other meets. point of contention is that ownership has changed and penske may have a different (legal?) view than before.

4 minutes ago, arkus said:

i was aware that laps had previously been allowed at other meets. point of contention is that ownership has changed and penske may have a different (legal?) view than before.

I'd guess he's taken a big hit financially due to the covid mess.