Supercharged ll !

mfg

4 minutes ago, mfg said:

Avanti motors built .....?...... supercharged Avanti ll's in '68-'69.

1) One........2) Two.......3) Three....or....4) Five

My memory bank is fuzzy on this.  I am thinking; 2) Two.

It's arguable...it was probably just one but there were reports of two...a red one and a white one.  There's circumstantial evidence it was the same car having been repainted.  I'll say just one.

1 hour ago, Gunslinger said:

It's arguable...it was probably just one but there were reports of two...a red one and a white one.  There's circumstantial evidence it was the same car having been repainted.  I'll say just one.

I believe Gunslinger is correct here:)....Although it's not written in stone, I do believe that it was the same car repainted for Daytona.

I've seen two versions of the story...one was that when it was red it was originally built for Bob Morrison of Molded Fiberglass and I also have a magazine with a white car saying it was built for high speed runs at Bonneville.  It was apparently the same car but not definitively so.  It had a very ugly bump in the hood to make space for the blower...guess it was easier to do some fiberglass work than to make some changes to install the blower where an R2 would have had it.  The photos I've seen of it showed its installation precluded installed a dual master cylinder.

The car was advertised for sale on eBay back around 2006-2007 or so.  If I remember it was located in Wisconsin at the time.  I considered bidding on it but didn't...guess I should have as it didn't sell for hateful money if I remember.  

The only way to tell if there was only the one blown Avanti II or a second would be to research Avanti Motors production records...and that's assuming the car(s) was or were produced that way originally and not simply chosen from inventory to modify.

Edited by Gunslinger