Avanti Fuel Pump??

goulet

• 2 weeks later...

I've found most items I need at:

Myer's Studebaker Parts 740.674.4897

or

Nostalgic Motor Cars 1-800-AVANTI-1

Both suppliers' prices are comparable to each other and reasonable in general for the purchases I've made.

hi

where would I find a fuel pump for a '63 Avanti?  what is the approximate cost of such?

thanks!

John - MA    :)

Hello, John,

You could also try local auto parts stores. AOAI magazine issue #62, Fall '87, listed in a parts interchange article, the following Carter part numbers: for R1's and R4's, Studebaker part # 1557213, Carter part # M 3509S or 2063 (which for this second part requires some type of modification); for R2's and R3's, Studebaker part # 1557015, Carter part # M 35008S. I'm not sure if the two M 35... series part numbers contain typos with the number of 0's in the listing in the magazine. I've typed them here as listed in the magazine.

I hope this may help you and good luck,

Paul Eikenbary

hi

where would I find a fuel pump for a '63 Avanti?  what is the approximate cost of such?

thanks!

John - MA    :)

Hello, Again, John,

I did some further research; AOAI magazine issue #121, Winter-Spring, 2003, had a letter to the editor written by Neil Lipes of New York, the owner of a 289 cu. in. '64 R1, R-5188, who has a Carter part number 62706G11B on his car. He stated that it was a direct replacement for the original Studebaker factory pump and required no modifications such as bending any arms to bolt it in and make it work. The '63 and '64 R1 engines were the same.

Best regards,

Paul D. Eikenbary