avanti magazine collection

arkus

230 issues dating back to the 60's. newsletters, quarterlies, avanti arrow, avanti topics, due cento, will not separate, must take all. located in vermont. probably too costly to ship, even at book rates. just looking for a reasonable offer, downsizing everything! call evenings, 802-492-3440 for list description. 

The SDC Northeast Zone Meet is in Vermont next year (2021).  That would be a good time and place to dispose of them (without shipping).  

Edited by studegary

i question whether or not a library would want to dedicate space for something like this of probable limited interest to the general public. now a person perhaps just getting started with an avanti would gain a massive amount of useful information. been wrong many times before, but that is my take.

33 minutes ago, arkus said:

i question whether or not a library would want to dedicate space for something like this of probable limited interest to the general public. now a person perhaps just getting started with an avanti would gain a massive amount of useful information. been wrong many times before, but that is my take.

I agree with you on this.  There may be a half dozen other Avantis in the state of Vermont and more than likely they already have these publications.  They would be a big plus to someone new to Studebakers and Avantis.  

• 2 months later...
On 12/6/2020 at 2:44 PM, arkus said:

230 issues dating back to the 60's. newsletters, quarterlies, avanti arrow, avanti topics, due cento, will not separate, must take all. located in vermont. probably too costly to ship, even at book rates. just looking for a reasonable offer, downsizing everything! call evenings, 802-492-3440 for list description. 

You might consider donating your newsletter and magazine collection to our AOAI memorabilia committee. I am one of 5 on the committee and we keep complete sets for the use of anyone in AOAI.

• 2 months later...

I recently started putting a collection of Avanti information together, and am still missing a lot of "stuff", Just got my Avanti (needs everything!) so the more research material the better.  I live in Mass so a ride to VT wouldn't be that bad.