Avanti Protectors!

mfg

5 hours ago, mfg said:

Headlight protective covers were standard equipment on the '83 Avanti 20th Anniversary edition......True?

I was at the factory when they were being built, but I do not remember that detail.  In keeping with the rest of the car, I will say True.

11 hours ago, studegary said:

I was at the factory when they were being built, but I do not remember that detail.  In keeping with the rest of the car, I will say True.

Nope:(, they were still an option.....Answer FALSE!

On 12/6/2020 at 10:05 AM, mfg said:

Nope:(, they were still an option.....Answer FALSE!

I just went and looked at the equipment level of 20th Anniversary Avantis.  It states;  "install headlight lens covers".  Also, the 25th Anniversary Avantis states; "headlight covers" under "standard equipment".      

2 hours ago, studegary said:

I just went and looked at the equipment level of 20th Anniversary Avantis.  It states;  "install headlight lens covers".  Also, the 25th Anniversary Avantis states; "headlight covers" under "standard equipment".      

Confusing!...The info I have (factory order sheet) states that they are an option!:o

10 hours ago, mfg said:

Confusing!...The info I have (factory order sheet) states that they are an option!:o

Perhaps they were considered to be a mandatory "option" on those models.  You may have been able to delete them, otherwise they came with the covers.

25 minutes ago, studegary said:

Perhaps they were considered to be a mandatory "option" on those models.  You may have been able to delete them, otherwise they came with the covers.

Could be!:)