AVANTI vs EVERYBODY

Luma

If you have seen the movie Ford vs Ferrari, you probably noticed a number of Studebakers in the film. While watching the extras on the Blue Ray version I happened to see this in one of the scenes that never made it to the movie. Well, at least they were thinking about us!AvantiVSEverybodySSM.thumb.jpg.2e41a8c443fe9133813fe0b2e242cfcb.jpg

Edited by Luma
error

As a long term Avanti owner I always enjoy spotting one on the road or on film. I work in the automotive aftermarket and some friends of mine did construct all of the close up Cobras used in the movie. I was able to drive each of them at various publicity functions after the movie premiered. The attached photo is of me driving the "Dave Macdonald " Cobra from the movie. The photo was shot from the white " Ken Miles " Cobra that was also used in the filming while heading north on the San Diego freeway.

Bob Caser

Shelby 198-2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to use the movie car that was depicted as the " Ken Miles " Cobra in the Ford versus Ferrari movie this weekend. I am in the automotive aftermarket so these opportunities are constant.

In the attached photo, there is a Avanti keeping the" movie star" Cobra company last night in my garage. There has always been an Avanti in my garage since 1963, no matter what size garage I would have. I just have a weakness for the Avanti.

Bob Caser

20201218_172846_resized(1).jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Superformance builds many different cars including the Shelby CSX continuation Cobras series. The CSX cars are spot on to the feeling of a original Cobra and are capable of out performing a 1960s car because of today's new technology ( tires , shocks, engine development ) As much fun as it was to own an original Cobra there are so many cars available today that will run circles around it being built from a variety of makers.

Happy New Year, Mike.

Bob