Avanti Auction

plwindish

From our good friends on the Studebaker forum there was a Craigslist ad from PHX area listed Oldham Auctions as holding an online auction for an white 87 convertible, Red 88 convertible, and 2 one black and one white 90 4 door Avanti's along with a 37 Coupe Express. All had been stored at least 5 years, only the Coupe Express was not running as it was thought the motor was seized. Address is oldhamauctionsonline.com and scroll down a little. All 4 Avanti's looked to be in fairly nice shape.

• 2 weeks later...

Try this link instead for the oldham auction

Get your INSTANT avanti collection started with 2 convertibles and 2 4-doors. BTW, IMO the white 4-door with BLUE interior is a little tacky (altho I do like the black wood) Also just being picky, the gaps in around the doors look HUGE. At least on the black one the gaps arent so easy to see.

BTW, was that ur Avanti at the TP train station during the Beach Party last weekend?

No, I was in Omaha helping one of my daughters get their house ready for sale so I missed the Carribean Beach Block Party and the car show. I have had both of my Avantis (Maroon 76 coupe and Torch Red 89 convertible) at the Tuesday Cruise nights before and after the Beach Party. What type of Avanti was there?

I've seen a black 87 from Oak Forest, but not a dark blue 75 around town. Don't know who that would be.