63 Avanti electric fan

dazavant

OK, I give up.  I haven't been able to find a quiet mechanical replacement fan for my stock 5 blade Avanti fan.  I've decided to go with an electric fan.  Someone has surely installed an electric fan on a 63-64 Avanti, if so do you have a brand and part #.  Only interested in a single fan puller type that will fit between the front hub and radiator.  Thanks.

Larry

• 4 months later...

I replaced  my fan and shroud with a FORD MUSTANG Flex-A-Lite Black Magic Xtreme Series Electric Fans 105401.

Perfect width and was about an inch short.

Good luck,

Jim Wood

IMG_0622[1].JPG

IMG_0623[1].JPG

Edited by IndyJimW

5 hours ago, IndyJimW said:

I replaced  my fan and shroud with a FORD MUSTANG Flex-A-Lite Black Magic Xtreme Series Electric Fans 105401.

Perfect width and was about an inch short.

Good luck,

Jim Wood

Agree with Jim again. I used a Flex-a-lite Syclone with a custom shroud but Jim's setup would be much easier to fab and install. I also used a Derale 16749 fan controller and added a manual override switch just-in-case.

16 hours ago, Avanti83 said:

Agree with Jim again. I used a Flex-a-lite Syclone with a custom shroud but Jim's setup would be much easier to fab and install. I also used a Derale 16749 fan controller and added a manual override switch just-in-case.

I've purchased a Delta Current Control's constant temperature controller to play with, still need to install it. My TPI ECM controls the fan currently.

http://www.dccontrol.com/constant_temperature_controllers.htm

Good luck,

Jim Wood

• 2 weeks later...

I have purchased and trying to install an aluminum radiator with an electric Volvo fan, but I'm running into problems with my serpentine belt system getting in the way with the crankshaft pully. My 63 has a chevy 350 and the tilted radiator. I'm not familiar with the 87 Avanti II, but it looks like the radiator is installed upright. Is the upright radiator installation original or has it been modified from the original Avantis? If someone has solved the situation I'm in I sure would appreciate any help.

Jerry

7 hours ago, Jerry1963 said:

I have purchased and trying to install an aluminum radiator with an electric Volvo fan, but I'm running into problems with my serpentine belt system getting in the way with the crankshaft pully. My 63 has a chevy 350 and the tilted radiator. I'm not familiar with the 87 Avanti II, but it looks like the radiator is installed upright. Is the upright radiator installation original or has it been modified from the original Avantis? If someone has solved the situation I'm in I sure would appreciate any help.

Jerry

Pretty sure all the Chevy-framed Avantis used the original Studebaker type radiator,,,,,, installed, as was mentioned, upright.