Halibrand Wheels

Peddler

35 minutes ago, Peddler said:

Does anyone know if there was a service letter or any brochure that showed the Halibrand Mag Wheels as a dealer installed option.  I am going to sow at an AACA event and they are bound to question the Halibrand wheels.

Not exactly what you're looking for......but I can tell you that the April (?) 1963 Motor Trend Magazine, and the January 1964 Hot Rod magazine both road tested brand new Studebakers with several photos of the optional Halibrand mag wheels which were installed on both vehicles.....a legitimate option.

The road test Studebakers were......  1)1963 GT Hawk R2 &  2)1964 Daytona R3.......Best of luck at the show!:)

PS.....Both of these magazines should be available on-line, e-bay, etc.

3 hours ago, Peddler said:

Does anyone know if there was a service letter or any brochure that showed the Halibrand Mag Wheels as a dealer installed option.  I am going to sow at an AACA event and they are bound to question the Halibrand wheels.

If anything, I would think that it would be a Studebaker Sales Letter, but I am not familiar with one offering them.  I seem to remember that you could not order them from the factory, but they were offered as a dealer installed item.    

• 2 weeks later...