1981 AVANTI II

jmur4424

HAVING JUST PURCHASED THIS 1981 AVANTI II, ACCORDING TO THE MANIFEST, THE VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH GMC 305 V8 ENGINE, HOWEVER, ALL THAT I HAVE FOUND TO DATE AS FAR AS PARTS/REPAIR MANUALS DEALS STRICTLY WITH THE BASIC 1963 STUDEBAKER AVANTI. ANYONE KNOW HOW I MIGHT FIND WHAT GMC VEHICLE THAT SAME ENGINE/TRANSMISSION/POWER TRAIN OCCURRED, THAT I MIGHT PURSUE MAINTENANCE/PARTS MANUALS FROM GMC.

HAVING JUST PURCHASED THIS 1981 AVANTI II, ACCORDING TO THE MANIFEST, THE VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH GMC 305 V8 ENGINE, HOWEVER, ALL THAT I HAVE FOUND TO DATE AS FAR AS PARTS/REPAIR MANUALS DEALS STRICTLY WITH THE BASIC 1963 STUDEBAKER AVANTI.  ANYONE KNOW HOW I MIGHT FIND WHAT GMC VEHICLE THAT SAME ENGINE/TRANSMISSION/POWER TRAIN OCCURRED, THAT I MIGHT PURSUE MAINTENANCE/PARTS MANUALS FROM GMC.

My 84 touring coupe uses the same 305HO that the Camero Z-28 used. The belts carb etc are all the same as the Z-28. I'll bet that your 81 is also. If in doubt get in touch with Dan Booth at Nostalgic motors.

Charlie

cbk RQB3921

• 2 weeks later...
My 84 touring coupe uses the same 305HO that the Camero Z-28 used. The belts carb etc are all the same as the Z-28. I'll bet that your 81 is also. If in doubt get in touch with Dan Booth at Nostalgic motors.

Charlie

cbk RQB3921

So its easier to find, it is spelled "Camaro" with an 'a'. :rolleyes: I think that the

base Avanti didnt get the HO engine, so its most likely just the run of the mill 305

that GM used around that time. My dads 78 Avanti used a 350/400 combo.

Tom