Are These Avanti Vent Window Division Channels?

r1lark

These two new (NOS) vent window division channels were in a Studebaker parts cache that I obtained (pics below). They are made just like the division channels on my '64 Daytona, but they are curved. The overall length is 16". The only Studebaker that I could find that had curved division channels was the Avanti p/n 1350577 (at least, in the parts manual they look to be curved). 

What do you think, are these p/n 1350577 for an Avanti? Thanks in advance for any help!

DSC05479.JPG

DSC05480.JPG

Ed, the parts book calls it a 'WEATHERSTRIP, front door vent division channel". It's riveted to the chrome door vent frame, and it's what the rear edge of the vent glass seals against when it's closed.

9 hours ago, r1lark said:

Ed, the parts book calls it a 'WEATHERSTRIP, front door vent division channel". It's riveted to the chrome door vent frame, and it's what the rear edge of the vent glass seals against when it's closed.

OK Paul,   I get it....I just measured the exposed section of the division channel (vent) on my '83, and it's 16".....so those strips probably are for an Avanti...Ed:)

Edited by mfg

30 minutes ago, studegary said:

AFAIK, the Avanti was the only Studebaker production car with curved side glass.  

That's what I was thinking Gary, thanks for verifying.

7 hours ago, studegary said:

AFAIK, the Avanti was the only Studebaker production car with curved side glass.  

I should probably qualify this by saying door glass, as some, including prewar, had curved glass (curved in the other direction) on the side of the car.