An Idea

James Bond

Like you I just recently received our magazine and roster. I scanned those who owned Avantis in my small state. There are 32 fortunate people. What was surprising to me is that there are three owners in my little burg of less than 12,000 people! Amazing! While at work, my dear wife, (hereby known as D/W). Was looking through the roster, and suggested that all the owners in the state get together on a particular day and drive a particular route. I was thinking July 14,or there abouts. It's the day that Raymond Lowey died. It could be a commemorative thing, it could also be a fund raiser for a charity. It would also raise awareness of the vehicle. I live in Ct. All of you in the area, or those who would like to travel to participate, let me know. I think D/W really has something here! It could grow into a monster!

There is something similar here in Texas. Once a year one of the many local car clubs organizes

"The Texas Loop" which is open to anyone. It is a 900 - 1,000 mile 3 day, 2 night drive through the

state hitting the back roads and interesting sights. My brother has made the trip twice and says it is great. I would love to take my Avanti this year if possible. Guaranteed to be the only one.

Trying to get Avanti owners together is like herding cats. Locally, we try to have one lunch get-together a year, but it doesn't always happen. There is zero interest in a club with monthly meetings.

jack vines

I miss our annual get togethers at the Denny's on Sprague. As far as monthly meetings, there is no local chapter of AOAI here. There is a Seattle section, and I'll try to put together a event for Eastern Washington - Northern Idaho members. Even with our meetings, there are still several Avantis in town that few ever see.

I miss our annual get togethers at the Denny's on Sprague. As far as monthly meetings, there is no local chapter of AOAI here. There is a Seattle section, and I'll try to put together a event for Eastern Washington - Northern Idaho members. Even with our meetings, there are still several Avantis in town that few ever see.

You may well be right. Though, I will do my best to overcome this inertia. I haven't figured out how yet. All I can say is this. Connecticut owners can expect an email from me along with those in the tri-state area. Get ready!!

There is something similar here in Texas. Once a year one of the many local car clubs organizes

"The Texas Loop" which is open to anyone. It is a 900 - 1,000 mile 3 day, 2 night drive through the

state hitting the back roads and interesting sights. My brother has made the trip twice and says it is great. I would love to take my Avanti this year if possible. Guaranteed to be the only one.

Boogie, can you provide a contact site about the Texas Loop ? I searched but saw nothing.

Thanks

Joe