Where do Avanti's show up?

boogieman

I am an avid crossword solver. Had a clue just now I have never run across before in over 50 years of puzzeling.

6 letters, "Sporty Studebaker" I got that one!

And one was in the background in the movie "In Time".

Amazing that this obscure car keeps popping up.

The best part of that film is seeing Juliet Mills topless.....I thought she was hot in "Nanny and the Professor" and a few other things I saw here in when I was very young.

Yes, I was a dirty little boy! :)

Too bad an Avanti isn't in Avanti...

This is a rather diverse post ranging from crosswords to Juliet Mills being topless in the movie Avanti! Maybe this post gets the "Booby Prize"! Any crossword fanatics could go to puzzle maker.com and make their own version of an Avanti specific or Studebaker specific crossword. It would be neat to post some versions of the puzzles for others on the forum to solve during the winter when we have the cars tucked away until spring time. I've got another drive left this coming Sunday going from Northern IL into Southern WI in the AACA's re-enactment of the Brighton Run. After Sunday the car will be put away until spring, giving my wife her stall back in the garage for her car. I'll end up with a little more than 7000 miles on the car this driving season, close to 18,000 for the 3 seasons that I have had the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the Avanti was in a scene or two in Gattaca as well another film on cable now, In Time, I think the name is where at some point in the future, everyone is issued so much time then they need to buy or barter for more if they want to live longer.

• 4 weeks later...

The Internet Movie Car Database has listings and photos of Avantis in films.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?make=Studebaker&model=Avanti&modelMatch=1&modelInclModel=on

and Avanti IIs:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?make=Avanti&model=II&modelMatch=1&modelInclModel=on

Edited by J Boyle