Avanti Copy!

mfg

Which of the following production cars most closely copied the body 'lines' of the Studebaker Avanti?

1) 1) Datsun 240Z.......2) ('63) Chevy Corvette.......3) Jensen Interceptor......4) ('64 1/2) Ford Mustang

37 minutes ago, mfg said:

Which of the following production cars most closely copied the body 'lines' of the Studebaker Avanti?

1) 1) Datsun 240Z.......2) ('63) Chevy Corvette.......3) Jensen Interceptor......4) ('64 1/2) Ford Mustang

I will say 3) Jensen Interceptor because I always felt that they looked similar in style and size.  I almost bought one several times mostly because of this.  

1 hour ago, studegary said:

I will say 3) Jensen Interceptor because I always felt that they looked similar in style and size.  I almost bought one several times mostly because of this.  

I definitely AGREE!:D........I once drove a friend's Interceptor....It had a factory installed 440CI Chrysler Corp. engine...........Talk about a ROAD ROCKET!!:o

I had a discussion at a small show and shine with a couple of fellows who said the Avanti looked like the Jensen. They were sure Studebaker did the copying, not the other way around. Even after they were told my car was a '63 and the Interceptor didn't come out until '67. Some folks just make me shake my head...

3 hours ago, StudeNorm said:

I had a discussion at a small show and shine with a couple of fellows who said the Avanti looked like the Jensen. They were sure Studebaker did the copying, not the other way around. Even after they were told my car was a '63 and the Interceptor didn't come out until '67. Some folks just make me shake my head...

Many fans of 'Brand X' cars have forever been unfair when we talk Studebakers.....mainly because they simply don't know anything about them.:(

The best we can do is try to enlighten those folks, and then let our Avantis speak for themselves!;)