electric fuel pump on R2

ken1007

If any one has installed an electric fuel pump on an R2, please let me know what pump and how you did it. Tried to install Summit 10700 electric pump but it appears too big to fit near the gas tank. Ken, Deltaville Va.

• 2 weeks later...

Mount it on the left frame rail. lower than the tank outlet. Are you using it as a full time or add on in-line. Watch the pressure!!!! anything north of 5 lbs will cause carb to flood, return line may not be able to handle too much flow either. That pump may be overkill, I used a cheap Mr Gasket 12s but I'm running it through the original mechanical pump, mostly as a vapor lock preventative. Fairly quiet. Check out the Studebaker Drivers Club search function, you'll get plenty of opinions and mounting ideas there .

Chevy engines have the mechanical fuel pump mounted on the right side of the engine block...Stude V8 engines have the fuel pump mounted on the left side, logically it being easier to mount the electric pump mounted on the left frame rails.

Mount a pump with high enough pressure to overcome the supercharger boost. Use a boost referenced, by-pass type fuel pressure regulator and use the bypass plumbed to the tank return line.