1978 rear quarter window seals

davette59

HELP! Hi, Unfortunately I was just told not to remove the old seal from the rear quarter window on mr 78 Avanti II so I called the body shop that is painting it. The seals have already been cut out! Is there anything I can do? I have a brand new paint job and chrome I'm doing with no rear window seals. Can you help or make some suggestions? Even used ones could help I think.

Dave

Try contacting Jon Myer at Myer's Studebaker http://www.myersstudebaker.com/...they have a number of Avanti parts cars and maybe there's something salvageable for you. Considering what happens when you try and remove a fifty year old rubber seal, I wouldn't keep my hopes up too high.

Still in a mess trying to get the rear quarter window seals for my 1978 Avanti II. I have been able to find two left rear but not the right. The car is in for painting and the shop has cut out the old seals and destroyed them. I was not aware these were so difficult to find. If anyone knows where to find one or has a used one. Could you please help? I spoke with a gentleman named Don a while back that had a large innovatory of parts but I've lost his number and the name of his business. I'm getting desperate!

Does anyone have the phone number for Dan Booth?

Dave