carpet kit

MARK

I am finishing up a restoration on my 64 R2 after the dreaded Hurricane Sandy. Having ordered a carpet kit from a reputable Avanti parts business; I choose not to name names. I was suprised that the carpet for the driver and passenger in the front only went up half way on the fire wall. I thought and expected the carpet to go all the way up and underneath the dash.

So, calling Studebaker International, they indicated their kit does go all the way up and underneath. No cardboard seen on firewall.

Does anyone know if indeed on the 64 Avanti carpet goes up all the way or just half way.

thanks

Mark

Thanks Mike, I am discussing the short carpet issue with the vendor I ordered from . Im not ready to reference his name as he ordered from another. I'll give him some time to ponder the fact I have restored 2 Avanti's and have ordered many thousands of dollars of parts from him

thanks for the reference

Mark

I photographed the "shortcommings" of my carpet set. I sent photos to my supplier and he agreed that part of the set was missing. I appreciate your inputs and verification. To name my supplier might create a bad impression on him if the reader does not follow my story. So, all is good in Avanti carpet land.