Took the '02 Avanti to a car show today...

Gunslinger

The Corvette club I belong to had an all-make car show today...it was sponsored by and held at the restaurant/tavern where we have our monthly meetings. I drove my '69 Corvette and my wife drove the '02 Avanti.

It was hot but not oppressive and I still had a good day with many friends. When it was time for awards at the end, there was one category in which there were no qualifying entries. I guess since a few weren't versed in Avantis this plaque was awarded for the car...

Best Foreign Car

Well...maybe they thought it was made in Canada.

The Corvette club I belong to had an all-make car show today...it was sponsored by and held at the restaurant/tavern where we have our monthly meetings. I drove my '69 Corvette and my wife drove the '02 Avanti.

It was hot but not oppressive and I still had a good day with many friends. When it was time for awards at the end, there was one category in which there were no qualifying entries. I guess since a few weren't versed in Avantis this plaque was awarded for the car...

Best Foreign Car

Well...maybe they thought it was made in Canada.

Hey...It's recognition!

I took mine to a multi-make car show and was directed to park in the foreign section. Good news, I did take first place for the 1960-69 domestic class.

Edited by J Boyle

The only car show I've been to with mine, I heard someone tell his friend that my car was made in Canada. He went on to explain that you could still order one brand new there!

You learn something new every day.