1980 power steering slave cylinder

kramerdad1

A lot of the power steering parts are similar to early Mustang parts, but usually with some differences. I haven't researched that particular part, but it could be the same. Mustang parts are easy to come by! I know the control valve is similar, but I didn't find anybody who said they were interchangeable.

You probably already know that it's a bendix system and there's a lot of information out there on it.

bendix was bought out decades ago, and nothing online comes up with that part number. it looks like the ford hang on power steering part but the problem is all the ford or slave cylinders Ive looked at have a stud at one end and a threaded shaft at the other, this one has a round eyelet like a shock absorber at one end

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the information, stanger53@gmail.com in texas rebuilds yours for $70.00 so I shipped mine off to him

Let us now how it works for you. Unfortunately, a lot of threads are started but never resolved. I know a lot of things I've tried to research here and other places have led to a dead end, so I'm left with questions and no resolutions!