Nice Avanti

Ken672

Are you looking for a nice 63 or 64, or as you posted, a nice 93 or 94? Avanti was not in production from 91 until the AVX concept was produced in 96. Production began again in 2000 or 2002 and continued until the factory was locked up after the owner, Mr. Kelly ran into his legal issues.

Ken,

Your interest will get limited viewing here. If you want a turquoise Avanti I suggest you look at November TURNING WHEELS. Many Avantis that were in South Bend are pictured with owner names. While not necessarily for sale if you are serious the contact information may be in the AOAI Directory. You can contact them and ask. I follow those listed for sale and do not recall any turquoise/four speed at this time. How nice is "nice"?

Edited by dapy

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple of Avanti's that are available now. They are not Turquiose but you can get them at a low price and restore them:

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/3414889745.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/R2-/321029610105?forcev4exp=true

Both look to be real projects. The Craigs list Avanti in Grand Rapids doesn't show any hog trough or frame shots which, being in MI would have to be looked at. That saying about nothing being more expensive than a cheap Avanti keeps rolling around in my head.

The author of the original post is looking for a show car in the highest price range and few are available. IMO there is no restoration market unless it is a DIY project. The parts plus paint and interior (with outside labor) will cost far more than the finished car market value. And there is always a question whether being authentic is worth more than modernization.