manual window regulator

kellyavanti

I just bought a 1963 Avanti (63R-1880). I'm new to Avantis but have had many Studebakers. I need to find a driver's side maual window regulator. Anybody have one, or know of a parts supplier who might? I checked my "usual suspects" with no luck. The manual says the part number is 1350845.

Thanks in advance for any input, Kelly

The two best places to check if you already haven't are Jon Myer and Nostalgic Motors. Outside of that, check some advertisers in Avanti Magazine.

Too bad you don't have power windows...I have NOS window regulators for them just collecting dust.

The two best places to check if you already haven't are Jon Myer and Nostalgic Motors. Outside of that, check some advertisers in Avanti Magazine.

Too bad you don't have power windows...I have NOS window regulators for them just collecting dust.

Is converting to power windows difficult? I'm very handy.

Kelly

There's been others who have asked that and the general opinion is that it's not worth it. I believe there's more interested in going from power windows to less troublesome manual windows.

There's been others who have asked that and the general opinion is that it's not worth it. I believe there's more interested in going from power windows to less troublesome manual windows.

Nevertheless, If you have some NOS power regulators sitting on the shelf, shott me a price via private message.

Thanks, Kelly

• 9 years later...
On 8/24/2012 at 9:55 AM, Gunslinger said:

Interesting older post....and I'd like to add "ain't it the truth"!!:)

• 1 month later...

This is part of the door from '88 with power windows (should be same for all previous Avantis).  Notice the round hole surrounded by the vertical square - that is where a hand crank would go - not quite that simple though.  The numbers relate to the maintenance/repair manual.

DSCF1819.JPG

Kelly, I’m messaging you a contact information for a guy close to you that I’m quite sure has what you need.

Robert

I converted my '63 Avanti over to manual windows a few years ago...A fellow in Florida had a L&R used pair of manual regulators in good shape, and I purchased them.

I'm not saying it's the best solution for early Avanti power window problems for everyone, but in my case I couldn't be happier to now have reliable manual windows!:)