Another one ready

brad

Really nice job on the car Brad. I'll have to talk to you about paint on mine also. I think the list is getting longer the more I see your finished products.

It was a supposedly restored car. The trim was never removed, and rubber was oversprayed. The interior was hard cracked vinyl, that was dyed to mask flaws.

The body work was very wavy. Wrong water pump. AC didn't work. Rear axle shaft was bent (hit a curb I guess). Carpet was spray painted black. Thresholds were bubbled up and rusty. Under hood was a mess, as well as the wiring.

Check my blog to see what work was done. I also did the front suspension bushings, replaced rear axles with flanged, and added dual master cylinder.

Took about 4 months. He paid about 22K for the car, and has about that in my work.

He could have started with a rougher car, and it would have turned out as nice.

Brad,

I thought you might have bought it to restore and resell. Now I understand and this is lesson well learned. It will be a $50K Avanti by the time it climbs the Alps.

I've worked on BMW's that cost over 150K new. Vettes cost over 80K. This (Avanti) is essentially a new car now. Which would you say is the better investment? Which car will not loose half it's value in a couple of years? Which car will get noticed?