Union Il. Transportation Show This Weekend

sat65

A friend just told me about this, otherwise I would have missed it completely...

It's only 1/2 hour from home for me, so I hope to make it there if the weather cooperates.

I doubt if I'll enter my gold '84 in the show, but you may see it in the parking lot.

Union car show

It says that the "Avanti Owners" club (and SDC) will be represented, and shows a few thumbnails of Avantis.

AOAI certainly hasn't advertised this. Why not???

I've been trying to make it to a Chicago AOAI chapter meeting since joining AOAI a few years ago, but either I forget, the weather sucks, or I have something else going on.

It's funny that the local chapter has not tried to contact me even once in the 2 years I've been an AOAI member.

Sat65-

Sorry I didn't see your message sooner; I just returned form the meet in South Bend. The car show at the railroad museum in Union, IL is very nice and is well attended by Avanti and Studebaker owners, although this year there might be a few less of us ( myself included) due to it's occurrence right after the National Meet. The museum grounds are very nice and there are many interesting things to view, plus there are operating trains giving rides. It's definitely worth going to.

I am also the secretary in the Chicago Chapter, and I apologize that no one has sent you any membership information. Please contact me at adamderosa@yahoo.com with you mailing address and I will send you some information.

sat65

There will be some Avantis and Studebakers at the IL Rail Museum in the morning. Come on out and chat with us. There is also a Studebaker meeting at the Railway Museum at 1:30 by the depot. The Avanti meetings are in Mt. Prospect on the 1st Wednesday of each month @ 8pm at Mr. Beef and Pizza on Elmhurst Road about a mile north of I 90.

Members usually come about 7:15 and talk cars in the lot before going in about 8pm. Please come in September. PM me if you have any questions. If you are at the museum in Union in the morning, look me up. I have a dark metallic red 76 Avanti.

Paul Windish

Last minute change in plans for me today... I just found out that a friend is driving in the demo derby at the McHenry county fair, so I will be going there instead of Union.

I'll try to make it to the Chicago Chapter meeting at Mr. Beef & Pizza in September.

Thanks,

Paul

satellite65 at yahoo dot com