YELLOW AVANTI ON E-BAY

63 Avanti R2

Avanti lovers out there. What do you make of the yellow avanti that Kelly once owned. I didn't think Avanti came in yellow. also there is something not right about the center console. It doesn't have air but it sure looks like it. I know the R2 did not have air. It has the 63 heater controls.

Those are not stude wheels

I asked the seller about the vents. Following is the reply,

"To the best of my knowledge Most Avantis where built as R1's with A/C and most where pre sold, at the time of build if a car was to be an R2 for a few more dollars the A/C was removed and a Paxton Supercharger would go in place of the A/C compressor, you will find that most R2s have A/C vents and controls..ive seen round vents and square vents..i also owned and just sold one of the more rare cars automatic,A/C,Supercharged, Black on Black."

...interesting!

What's that guy smoking? A dealer removing a/c and adding a blower on a 10.25:1 compression R1? If that was the case there would be a lot more blown up Stude engines than we're aware of.

I guess some people can't be educated...or they simply don't want to be. It makes one wonder how many unhappy customers he's sold cars to with his line of BS.

What's that guy smoking? A dealer removing a/c and adding a blower on a 10.25:1 compression R1? If that was the case there would be a lot more blown up Stude engines than we're aware of.

I guess some people can't be educated...or they simply don't want to be. It makes one wonder how many unhappy customers he's sold cars to with his line of BS.

I had extensive phone visits with Juan the seller of both Kelly cars. He didn't drive them and imported them from Cancun for resale. The yellow one sold for $16,664. There was confusion over registration in FL and title transfer. Juan made up most of what he told people about the cars. He really didn't know or care.

Edited by dapy