83 Door Pannel Removal

kboyd

The door lock tumblers in my 1983 Avanti are sticking so bad that I am afraid to lock the doors. I am thinking about replacing them and was wondering if anyone knows which manfacturer Avanti sourced the door lock tumblers from in May 1983 when my car was built?

Also, I was looking at the interior door pannels to see how they come off and it is not obvious how the arm rest is removed. The rest of the hardware on the door pannel looks straight forward but there are not any screws visible on the arm rest that should be removed. As solid as the arm rest is I cannot imagine it is just attached to the door pannel. Is anyone familar with how the door pannel arm rest is removed in the the 1983 model Avanti?

The door lock tumblers in my 1983 Avanti are sticking so bad that I am afraid to lock the doors. I am thinking about replacing them and was wondering if anyone knows which manfacturer Avanti sourced the door lock tumblers from in May 1983 when my car was built?

Also, I was looking at the interior door pannels to see how they come off and it is not obvious how the arm rest is removed. The rest of the hardware on the door pannel looks straight forward but there are not any screws visible on the arm rest that should be removed. As solid as the arm rest is I cannot imagine it is just attached to the door pannel. Is anyone familar with how the door pannel arm rest is removed in the the 1983 model Avanti?