Time to come out of Hibernation

plwindish

I'm going to get the '76 out of hibernation today and bring her back home. I recently got a used set of Dayton Avanti wires and currently have them at Dayton being reconditioned. I'm anxious to see her with the wires on. To me no wheels set off an Avanti like wires do.

I recently got a used set of Dayton Avanti wires and currently have them at Dayton being reconditioned.

I didn't realize Dayton reconditions wheels... what sort of repairs will they do and about what does that cost?

Go to daytonwirewheels.com Once on their home page, click on reconditioning to get an idea of what they do. Call their number and speak with Gary Buckles, who is in charge of Reconditioning. My wheels arrived there Thursday afternoon and I should hear in a couple of days what work needs to be done and what it will cost. The 5 wheels did not have the wheel support spacers, so those need to be fabbed and pressed into the back of the rims before much else can be done. Dayton also has all kinds of center caps. My set came with the small octagon caps, but I'm thinking about getting the 3 eared knock-off type caps to really set off the wheels.