Insurance

pjd822

I use American Collectors Insurance. I don't know how they compare in every respect, but there's no deductible, the coverage rises with inflation and they're very easy to deal with. There are some restrictions which seems to be the way most insurers of collectible cars seem to be doing...current photos required, 2500 mile limitation per year, no drivers with less than ten years driving experience, etc. I think the car has to be garaged as well.

When my '70 Avanti was damaged last year, they sent an estimator to the body shop where he looked over the car and the estimate and simply said "Fix it!" I have nothing but complimentary things to say about them.

BTW - I also have a Corvette insured through them along with the two Avantis.

Edited by Gunslinger

I've received quotes from Hagarty 2-3 times, always a lot higer than the rest.

I have American Collectors and and it's very reasonable.

I've never had a claim (Thankfully) so I can't rate their claim service. But so far, so good.

Edited by J Boyle

I currently have my Avanti and Corvette insured with Hagerty but their rates seem pretty high. Can anyone recommend other companies that offer the same level of insurance and better rates? Thanks, Paul

Paul, Check into Heacock Classic collector car insurance.

They are very much involved with the Classic car community with sponsorship in vintage racing & all types of car shows. The owner is the founder of Vintage Motorsport magazine which is the journal of motor racing history.

Personally I feel more confident that the people at Heacock will better understand your needs since they are Involved in the car community . Its not just business but a lifestyle for them.

You can use my personal contact if you like. email aburnett@heacockclassic.com I have worked with Angela Burnett for 7 years and Highly recommend you get in touch with her.

Happy shopping,

Jerry Smith

Paul, Check into Heacock Classic collector car insurance.

They are very much involved with the Classic car community with sponsorship in vintage racing & all types of car shows. The owner is the founder of Vintage Motorsport magazine which is the journal of motor racing history.

Personally I feel more confident that the people at Heacock will better understand your needs since they are Involved in the car community . Its not just business but a lifestyle for them.

You can use my personal contact if you like. email aburnett@heacockclassic.com I have worked with Angela Burnett for 7 years and Highly recommend you get in touch with her.

Happy shopping,

Jerry Smith

I went to the Heacock site and was directed to the exact same online quote form used by AMIG and got an identical quote. I googled Heacock and came up with some negative reviews: http://local.yahoo.c...urance-lakeland.

I went to the Heacock site and was directed to the exact same online quote form used by AMIG and got an identical quote. I googled Heacock and came up with some negative reviews: http://local.yahoo.c...urance-lakeland.

Paul , Thanks for your reply, the nice thing about our club is the sharing of information.

Hopefully we can get input from other members to help you make the final decision. Jerry

I just applied with Hagerty. I'll let everyone know how it goes but I requested a very high "Agreed Value" policy to cover the expenses involved in my professional frame-off restoration/modification on my 63 Avanti. The value may be reduced after going through their underwriting process but I felt like it was better to start at a high value and then work downward from there. The value I requested is above what a restored top condition avanti would go, for so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. The quote was originally quite high but after making adjustments and selecting $1000 deductibles for collision and other causes, the price dropped in half and was reasonable.

I tried the Grundy quote online but unless you live in Maine or South Carolina it will not let you quote classic car insurance without quoting all the other vehicles that you own. I have no desire to switch my family vehicles from Liberty Mutual with whom I have auto, home and umbrella policies with.

I just applied with Hagerty. I'll let everyone know how it goes but I requested a very high "Agreed Value" policy to cover the expenses involved in my professional frame-off restoration/modification on my 63 Avanti. The value may be reduced after going through their underwriting process but I felt like it was better to start at a high value and then work downward from there. The value I requested is above what a restored top condition avanti would go, for so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. The quote was originally quite high but after making adjustments and selecting $1000 deductibles for collision and other causes, the price dropped in half and was reasonable.

I tried the Grundy quote online but unless you live in Maine or South Carolina it will not let you quote classic car insurance without quoting all the other vehicles that you own. I have no desire to switch my family vehicles from Liberty Mutual with whom I have auto, home and umbrella policies with.

I've decided to go with American Collectors; their quote is 16% lower than Hagerty's. As for Grundy, 1) they have yet to reply to my online request for a quote which, if nothing else, is a bad business practice; and, 2) I have no interest in bundling the issurance for my everyday car with that of my "toys."

Edited by pjd822

I've decided to go with American Collectors; their quote is 16% lower than Hagerty's. As for Grundy, 1) they have yet to reply to my online request for a quote which, if nothing else, is a bad business practice; and, 2) I have no interest in bundling the issurance for my everyday car with that of my "toys."

I received a quote from Hagerty for the avanti for $450 per year (I went with $1000 deductible for collision & comprehensive) and a guaranteed value amount of $50,000. The value amount was negotiated with their agent after sending him a detailed spreadsheet of all the restoration work and expenses plus photo documentation of the restoration process showing the show quality restoration it is receiving.

I received a quote from Hagerty for the avanti for $450 per year (I went with $1000 deductible for collision & comprehensive) and a guaranteed value amount of $50,000. The value amount was negotiated with their agent after sending him a detailed spreadsheet of all the restoration work and expenses plus photo documentation of the restoration process showing the show quality restoration it is receiving.

For informational purposes, I insured my '63 Avanti for an agreed value of $22,000 (which is what I paid for it) and my '95 Corvette for $18,000 (again, the purchase price) in both cases with $0 deductible. The annual premiun is $519; the same coverage with Hagerty is $640. Thus, the American Collectors coverage is about 19% cheaper in my case.

• 1 month later...

I am insured; happily, with Condon & Skully in NJ 8009496257 ask for Jennifer X 131 I switched companies after State Farm really 'F' me when an uninsured driver ran into me at 30mph. After switching with Condon & Skully another idiot rear ended me and they were quick, fair and paid all claims without problems. 2 months later the new torqu converter started leaking, I contacted them and within a day or so, another check for the part and installation. I am very pleased as the car is registered in Fl and garaged in NJ and driven into Ny once a month for fun.

Mark

I am insured; happily, with Condon & Skully in NJ 8009496257 ask for Jennifer X 131 I switched companies after State Farm really 'F' me when an uninsured driver ran into me at 30mph. After switching with Condon & Skully another idiot rear ended me and they were quick, fair and paid all claims without problems. 2 months later the new torqu converter started leaking, I contacted them and within a day or so, another check for the part and installation. I am very pleased as the car is registered in Fl and garaged in NJ and driven into Ny once a month for fun.

Mark