Interested in this 64 Avanti - Comments appreciated

Harvey

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Studebaker-?cmd=ViewItem&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6262045600969894232&_trksid=p5197.m7&item=150755866569#ht_20516wt_958

Hi everyone, I'm interested in buying this Avanti. Any comments verifying its history are much appreciated. Also I'd anyone is near and would care to look at it for me will be much appreciated. Harvey

I had a long phone visit with the seller. Suggest you call me. Dave Pyle 713 464 6717. I'm in Houston.

I am in Ft Lauderdale and have thought about looking at this car. I would like to call you too.

Mark

• 1 month later...

What Avanti are you asking about? The red one sold on eBay for 15K and change. No way to know who bought it unless they show up here. The best deal now is a late '64 in MA. Didn't sell the second time on eBay, should have, and IMO is a $20K+ car.

I didn't buy it this one on eBay. I found a 63 that had a restoration started almost 20 years ago. Restoration stalled and has been sitting for 10 years as is. I just today got it home from a 5 days road trip to AZ to pick it up. Will post some pics when I get organized. It's #2826 - gold, elk, ps, pb, a/c, p/w, tinted glass all and radio. Sold new in CA and been there and AZ its entire life. Finally after seeing my first one almost 50 years ago.

Harvey