My recent Avanti

Roger Zimmermann

Roger

That is really pretty.

I use photobucket and load my pictures at 640 X 480. Works well for me. You need to do it in the edit mode.

Yours appear to be about 1200 X 1400 by looking at the format but a word of caution, I'm no expert.

Bob

Many years ago, I got a lot of help from a member of this forum. It's now time to show the results.

post-320-1321611748472_thumb.jpg

post-320-13216117727949_thumb.jpg

Roger

Wow, Wow, Wow. That car is amazing. I thought it was a model looking at the first picture. Time well spent.

Could you give credit to the person who helped you? Your car could be the nicest Avanti I've ever seen.

Thanks for the pictures, you've raised the bar.

Thank you for the comments. I don't use Photothing; all my pictures are stored on my hard disk. I don't thrust outside providers.

The person who helped a lot is David Crone. At that time, he had a funny project: install a Buick engine/front cradle into an Avanti Body. I have no idea if he finished his project as he had not a lot spare time.

The people who are member of the Avanti club will remember my car: the work progress was published on a regular basis in the Avanti magazine. Indeed, it's a 1:12 model, build from scratch with a polyester/fiberglass body and brass for most of the other parts.

I cannot attach more pictures as my upload quota is over.

Roger,

The car is outstanding! I'm pretty sure it didn't come from the factory that nice. The car is Switzerland? If so, its probably the best looking Avanti in the US and Europe!

Roger,

The car is outstanding! I'm pretty sure it didn't come from the factory that nice. The car is Switzerland? If so, its probably the best looking Avanti in the US and Europe!

Thank you plwindish! As I wote just above your answer, this is a scale model 1:12. More details about that construction, go to: http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Zimmermann.htm

Roger

That is really pretty.

I use photobucket and load my pictures at 640 X 480. Works well for me. You need to do it in the edit mode.

Yours appear to be about 1200 X 1400 by looking at the format but a word of caution, I'm no expert.

Bob

Bob

Would you please write the procedure in sending photos(640 X 480) from photo bucket to the AOAI Forum.

Thanks

Steve

Bob

Would you please write the procedure in sending photos(640 X 480) from photo bucket to the AOAI Forum.

Thanks

Steve

Steve

The way I do it may not be the best but here's what I do.

The first thing is to have my settings set to upload at 640 X 480. To do that when you are in your photobucket account, click on Upload and when that screen appears, look at the bottom of the page and see "customize your upload settings" Click on that and you can select the upload size, select 640 X 480 and save.

Now when you upload the pictures will be 640 X 480 but don't be confused as the thumbnails in your albums will be 160 X 120.

So now to download to the forum:

Click on the thumbnail you want to add to the forum, It will open to 640 X480.

Right click on the picture to open the property screen and click on image properties. Click on address, which will highlight in blue and hit hold control hit c on the keyboard.

That saves the image address.

Put the curson on the spot on the site you want the picture and click on the picture icon at the top of the page. The insert image window will open with HTTP highlighted in blue. Hold control, hit v and the address will be copied into the box. Click on "save image" and the picture will appear in your post. Done.

If you save at a higher resolution in Photobucket, you can resize to 680 X 480 and use the above procedure to add to the forum.

Hope that helps.

Bob

Steve

The way I do it may not be the best but here's what I do.

The first thing is to have my settings set to upload at 640 X 480. To do that when you are in your photobucket account, click on Upload and when that screen appears, look at the bottom of the page and see "customize your upload settings" Click on that and you can select the upload size, select 640 X 480 and save.

Now when you upload the pictures will be 640 X 480 but don't be confused as the thumbnails in your albums will be 160 X 120.

So now to download to the forum:

Click on the thumbnail you want to add to the forum, It will open to 640 X480.

Right click on the picture to open the property screen and click on image properties. Click on address, which will highlight in blue and hit hold control hit c on the keyboard.

That saves the image address.

Put the curson on the spot on the site you want the picture and click on the picture icon at the top of the page. The insert image window will open with HTTP highlighted in blue. Hold control, hit v and the address will be copied into the box. Click on "save image" and the picture will appear in your post. Done.

If you save at a higher resolution in Photobucket, you can resize to 680 X 480 and use the above procedure to add to the forum.

Hope that helps.

Bob

Thanks Bob, I printed this out and I will give it a try. Thanks again for your time and maybe we will see each other in South Bend next year.