Restoration restarted on my 63 R2

docmirror

About 12 years ago, I bought a 63 Avanti R2 from Berkeley CA. It had been sitting for 9 years when I bought it. It was barely running then, and I started a restoration when I first bought it. My kids were in preschool then and finally, I just couldn't keep up working on the Avanti and I had to let it sit for a while. Now, the kids are in college, and I've gotten the car back out to start again. There was some wiring damage from squirrels and some nuts stored on the engine, but I'm getting it cleaned up slowly. I chose an amber metallic that looks ok, but the guy that did the job was a drunk and it has a lot of mistakes in it.

Right now I'm cleaning the front brakes, and getting the chassis sorted out well. After that, the engine gets run in, and I'll setup the trans. The engine was rebuilt in CO, and I pickled it when I stopped working on it. I may have some Avanti specific question in the next few months, hope you all have answers that us noobs come across.

• 2 weeks later...

About 12 years ago, I bought a 63 Avanti R2 from Berkeley CA. It had been sitting for 9 years when I bought it. It was barely running then, and I started a restoration when I first bought it. My kids were in preschool then and finally, I just couldn't keep up working on the Avanti and I had to let it sit for a while. Now, the kids are in college, and I've gotten the car back out to start again. There was some wiring damage from squirrels and some nuts stored on the engine, but I'm getting it cleaned up slowly. I chose an amber metallic that looks ok, but the guy that did the job was a drunk and it has a lot of mistakes in it.

Right now I'm cleaning the front brakes, and getting the chassis sorted out well. After that, the engine gets run in, and I'll setup the trans. The engine was rebuilt in CO, and I pickled it when I stopped working on it. I may have some Avanti specific question in the next few months, hope you all have answers that us noobs come across.

Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to your project. I also have a '63 R2 / 4 speed, so needless to say your project interests

me. Don't hesitate to add to your profile and details are always appreciated. Pictures would also be nice. Good Luck