Better MPG on 2006 avanti V6

Guest Bob Mac

I installed a cold air intake from Roush performance for Mustang. It all fits under the hood. Life long filter can be cleaned and breath a lot better. They claim an additional 12 hp and 9 ft-lb of torque out of your engine, while increasing your fuel efficiency. I'm see difference of 2 MPG. Just think what going to do for a V8?

Under the hood shot

https://picasaweb.go...September292011 and hit slide show for bigger picture.

They have them for V8 like yours, since I have the only V6.

Thanks

Bob Mac

On my 2002 GM TransAm based Avanti I did much the same thing...an SLP cold air induction kit, K&N filter, SLP mass airflow sensor, and I reprogrammed the on-board computer with a Granatelli DiabloSport Predator re-tuner. I have no idea how much, if any measurable increase in torque and horsepower it added, but my "seat of the pants" dyno feels a noticeable difference. At a steady 80mph on the highway it turns 25mpg, which is nice since these cars don't come with a very big gas tank.

Before I made these mods it would get 24mpg...not a huge improvement but considering the improvement in performance I would have been ok with the fuel economy staying the same. It's a win-win outside of the cost of doing the improvements, but they're all bolt-on and reversible if I choose.