'64 Avanti Census

Project Avanti

I'm wondering how many 4 speed 64 Avanti's (with rectangular headlights) are on the road? Only factory equipped vehicles please.

I am in the process of purchasing my second Avanti, 64, R1, 4spd, manual windows, rectangular headlights. I would like to find

a good rust free factory steel roll bar, I've never seen one advertised for sale. Thanks in advance for taking part in my

informal poll.

The Studebaker Avanti Production Data from the Studebaker National Museum shows that 64 1964 R-1 Avantis with 4-speed were built.

41 with out air and 23 with air. I don't know what the survival rate is, but this will give you a starting point.

Edited by Regnalbob

I'm wondering how many 4 speed 64 Avanti's (with rectangular headlights) are on the road? Only factory equipped vehicles please.

I am in the process of purchasing my second Avanti, 64, R1, 4spd, manual windows, rectangular headlights. I would like to find

a good rust free factory steel roll bar, I've never seen one advertised for sale. Thanks in advance for taking part in my

informal poll.

I have a 64R2 and have a question for you. The 64 R1 you are buying, is that car in Maryland? I saw one for sale and when I called, I was told the car was already sold.

thanks, mark

I have a 64R2 and have a question for you. The 64 R1 you are buying, is that car in Maryland? I saw one for sale and when I called, I was told the car was already sold.

thanks, mark

Hi Mark, the car I just bought is in SW Washington State, is your R2 an automatic?

• 1 month later...

informal poll.

I might know where there is one off a 1963 and a 1975 Avanti2. I assume they are the same.

If you are interested send me your email address and I will send it through to the appropriate people.

Both are located in CA

pb

Do you know of any others for sale in WA? I'm in NW Washington.

Harvey

Hi Harvey, the last good deal I found on an Avanti was listed on Seattle Craigslist.

You don't say whether you are looking for a project or driver. If you could say what

you were looking for it would be helpful for anyone reading this.

• 2 weeks later...

The Studebaker Avanti Production Data from the Studebaker National Museum shows that 64 1964 R-1 Avantis with 4-speed were built.

41 with out air and 23 with air. I don't know what the survival rate is, but this will give you a starting point.

Hi Regnalbob, and thanks for the information. As it turns out this car has a 3spd with a possible overdrive.

Not a Studebaker transmission, and no manual control for the overdrive. Ordered the build sheet today, so

in a month or so will know how it left the factory. Hope to have it running by then.