2011 AOAI Meet

plwindish

I got back home last night from the 2011 AOAI meet at Gettysburg. Congratulations to Keystone & AOAI for having a good meet. Having over 75 Avanti's on the field was quite an impressive site. My first meet was very enjoyable. Traveling from Chicago to Gettysburg and back with two fellow Chicagoland members driving an '02 Avanti and my '76 was fantastic. The looks, questions, comments and conversations from travelers at rest stops was priceless. My 3 1/2 month project getting the engine rebuilt and trans swapped helped make the '76 a reliable ride. The only miscue for the car was the ac crapping out in Ohio. Two cans of 134 in Gettysburg kept me cool for the trip home. The '76 ranged from 21.2 to 22.8 mpg on the road to and from Gettysburg, making the decision to swap in the 200R4 a good one. It was truly a great time seeing fellow club members, meeting many fine new friends while talking about all things Avanti. I'm already looking forward to the 2012 Meet in South Bend, a much easier 90 miles distance than the 700 to Gettysburg.

I got back home last night from the 2011 AOAI meet at Gettysburg. Congratulations to Keystone & AOAI for having a good meet. Having over 75 Avanti's on the field was quite an impressive site. My first meet was very enjoyable. Traveling from Chicago to Gettysburg and back with two fellow Chicagoland members driving an '02 Avanti and my '76 was fantastic. The looks, questions, comments and conversations from travelers at rest stops was priceless. My 3 1/2 month project getting the engine rebuilt and trans swapped helped make the '76 a reliable ride. The only miscue for the car was the ac crapping out in Ohio. Two cans of 134 in Gettysburg kept me cool for the trip home. The '76 ranged from 21.2 to 22.8 mpg on the road to and from Gettysburg, making the decision to swap in the 200R4 a good one. It was truly a great time seeing fellow club members, meeting many fine new friends while talking about all things Avanti. I'm already looking forward to the 2012 Meet in South Bend, a much easier 90 miles distance than the 700 to Gettysburg.

What are the dates for the 2012 meet in South Bend? Is it the same as the SDC meet in South bend?

Steve

What are the dates for the 2012 meet in South Bend? Is it the same as the SDC meet in South bend?

Steve

July 29 - August 4? I believe the dates are. Members from South Bend passed out registration forms for the AOAI meet, at the Inn of St Mary's during the AOAI Banquet Friday night at Gettysburg.

July 29 - August 4? I believe the dates are. Members from South Bend passed out registration forms for the AOAI meet, at the Inn of St Mary's during the AOAI Banquet Friday night at Gettysburg.

That's the same date the SDC is having their meet. It will be at the South Bend Marriott and the concourse and swap meet at the St. Joseph County fair grounds.