Proper torque for Avanti wire wheels

63 Avanti R2

What is the proper torgue for the stock 1983 wire wheels on my Avanti? I think my lug nut is a 1/2"

Bruce...how is your car coming, will it be going to the meet?

Steve

The Studebaker shop manual specifies 75-83 foot-pounds of torque. I would think this would be the same for an '83 since it uses the same hub and rotors. Whether the wire wheels would require a different torque I have no idea.

Thanks for asking about my car. I have doubts it will be ready in time for Gettysburg...the new quarter panel is on and gel-coated as of Tuesday and ready for priming and the new door was being stripped for gel-coating and priming. The new door pillar is installed as well and the door test fit. It seems to hang better than the damaged door did.

The clear coat will need to be stripped before painting is done and blended plus re-clear coating the whole car. That all means the window trim and bumpers have to come off. I just don't see all that being done in less than two weeks. Who knows how much time it will take to install and align the window which is a big pain with Avanti's. Even if it is done, I would need a day or so to prep and detail the car.

As much as I'd like to have the car ready for Gettysburg, it's more important that it be done correctly. I'll be there with the '02 but I was planning on having both there. Such is life.

The Studebaker shop manual specifies 75-83 foot-pounds of torque. I would think this would be the same for an '83 since it uses the same hub and rotors. Whether the wire wheels would require a different torque I have no idea.

Thanks for asking about my car. I have doubts it will be ready in time for Gettysburg...the new quarter panel is on and gel-coated as of Tuesday and ready for priming and the new door was being stripped for gel-coating and priming. The new door pillar is installed as well and the door test fit. It seems to hang better than the damaged door did.

The clear coat will need to be stripped before painting is done and blended plus re-clear coating the whole car. That all means the window trim and bumpers have to come off. I just don't see all that being done in less than two weeks. Who knows how much time it will take to install and align the window which is a big pain with Avanti's. Even if it is done, I would need a day or so to prep and detail the car.

As much as I'd like to have the car ready for Gettysburg, it's more important that it be done correctly. I'll be there with the '02 but I was planning on having both there. Such is life.

Thanks Bruce...I did some research on the "Dayton" wire wheel and it said if your lug nut is 1/2" use 75 foot pounds. So thats what I used.

Is the AOAI meet going to be in South Bend on July 29th thru Aug.4th 2012? That's when SDC is having their meet.