Tool Pouch

plwindish

I have a couple of questions about the tool pouches in the Avanti. Did the pouches start with the '66 models? What tools came with the kit? Thanks for any help.

I don't know when the tool pouches were first installed...my '70 had one. My understanding is they did not come equipped with tools...it was left to the owner to use it as he saw fit...tools, convenience items, flashlight, etc. I have seen on occasion sets of tools with the Avanti name brand for sale on Ebay, but they don't say Avanti on the tools themselves...just on the packaging. That kind of defeats the purpose of buying a set and putting them in the pouch...plus they're low quality tools...flea market grade.

The pouch is a nice addition that Avanti Motors put in the cars but I don't know how useful it really was for most owners.

I have a couple of questions about the tool pouches in the Avanti. Did the pouches start with the '66 models? What tools came with the kit? Thanks for any help.

The same question was asked a year or so ago. I had a 73 Avanti II that I bought well; well I thought I did, after a few years I was over invested, after a couple more I was well over $35K, I discovered that the pouch was more important in storing $5's,$10's,$20s,$50's & $100's. I even stored a few credit cards there as bigger bills were too hard to get.

Serioulsy, the choice is yours.

enjoy the car. Mark

Thanks for the replies, guys. Mark, I know what you mean after having a motor overhaul, the tool (money) pouch might be better utilized for keeping a supply of money on hand for the vehicle. The only problem with money storage is that the individual pouches aren't quite wide enough to put the bills in. I suppose the pouch was a well meaning addition, but its a stretch to reach in and get tools out of that dimly lit area. Given the seemingly frequent need to fix things on our lovable "orphans", Its a good idea to have tools with when the need arises.

Mark, how did the "de-grilling" of the '64 turn out?

Edited by plwindish

Thanks for the replies, guys. Mark, I know what you mean after having a motor overhaul, the tool (money) pouch might be better utilized for keeping a supply of money on hand for the vehicle. The only problem with money storage is that the individual pouches aren't quite wide enough to put the bills in. I suppose the pouch was a well meaning addition, but its a stretch to reach in and get tools out of that dimly lit area. Given the seemingly frequent need to fix things on our lovable "orphans", Its a good idea to have tools with when the need arises.

Mark, how did the "de-grilling" of the '64 turn out?

Sorry for the delay, the car came out really great. If you send me a an email, I will send you photos.

Mark