Blaupunkt Frankfurt

adamderosa

I have a Blaupunkt Frankfurt US radio, part number 7632629200 that I've been told was removed from a 1974 Avanti. I'm trying to get it back in working order but I don't have any paperwork for it. Does anyone have the owner's guide or service guide? If so, would it be possible to have a copy e-mailed to me? I've searched on-line for this haven't had any luck.

Thanks,

Adam DeRosa

Have a look at this page, it appears as though your radio may be listed a little over halfway down the page, but you apparently have to contact them for pricing:

http://www.stereomanuals.com/man/rep/blaupunkt/

Judging from my internet search, it seems Blaupunkt put the Frankfort label on a number of different models over the years.

I have some literature on the Blaupunkt that came in my '80 Avanti, but it doesn't

list a model name, only the model number CR-2001 (a radio with tape cassette that came on a number of foreign cars like Saab, Porsche, etc). I'm not sure this will work, but here's a try at posting a copy of the cover of my pub:

80_Avanti_Radio.jpg

Didn't work, try this link:

http://www.jagsnvettes.com/MiscPhotos/80_Avanti_Radio.jpg

Edited by WayneC

• 1 month later...

I have a Blaupunkt Frankfurt US radio, part number 7632629200 that I've been told was removed from a 1974 Avanti. I'm trying to get it back in working order but I don't have any paperwork for it. Does anyone have the owner's guide or service guide? If so, would it be possible to have a copy e-mailed to me? I've searched on-line for this haven't had any luck.

Thanks,

Adam DeRosa

Hi,

I just bought a '74 Avanti II with the original Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio. I have the owner's manual and schematics. Would that help? The owner's manual is very sparse but you can eventually figure out what the English part is saying. I can copy and mail or possibly scan and e-mail though the files would be large if you want high enough resolution to print legibly. My FM works fine though just static on AM. Right now I am looking for a functional if cosmetically challenged radio for parts with the idea that I can identify the AM tuner section and replace that board. I gather from a casual glance at the schematic that there are two circuit boards in the case.

Let me know.

Raymond Compton

Hi Raymond-

Yes if you could scan and e-mail me your radio manual that would be great! My e-mail address is: adamderosa@yahoo.com. If you're unable to scan it, you can mail a copy to me at 36399 N. Streamwood Drive, Gurnee IL 60031. I will glady pay for the postage, just let me know what it costs.

Thanks a lot!

Adam DeRosa

Hi Adam,

Give me a couple of days. If the docs scan well enough I will e-mail them, if not, I will mail you a hard copy. I have a high end flat bed scanner so quality is not the problem but file size might be, at least at a quality setting that will print legibly at your end.

No charge, you might be able to help me in the future.

Raymond

Hi Adam,

I have made nice hard copies of the owner's manual and schematics for the Blaupunkt "Frankfurt" model #7632629. This proved easier than scanning to a high resolution graphic file to e-mail to you. I should get this off to you tomorrow. If you have any ideas as to why my AM section is dead, I would appreciate the input. I recall that my '86 Subaru radio did the same thing, though I just replaced it with a (then new) Alpine CD receiver. This is a bit different though I might put in the new "Frankfurt" look-alike and keep the old one if any future owner would want the "proper" radio for the car.

Raymond

Hi Raymond-

Yes if you could scan and e-mail me your radio manual that would be great! My e-mail address is: adamderosa@yahoo.com. If you're unable to scan it, you can mail a copy to me at 36399 N. Streamwood Drive, Gurnee IL 60031. I will glady pay for the postage, just let me know what it costs.

Thanks a lot!

Adam DeRosa

Hi Adam,

Your Blaupunkt manual and schematics went out today via First Class Mail. You should have them early next week.

Good luck with your project.

Raymond