hood wanted for 63 or 64

MARK

I purchased R5470 a few years ago; some of you may remember that the car had a reverse hood scoop and front grill. Yes, both were removed and repairs to glass over and paint happened shortly thereafter. Since the patch seams keep appearing after repairs and paint at least twice in the last 2 years, I want to buy another hood and paint to match the original color of the car. So, does anyone know of a car being parted out where the hood is available Thanks everyone

Mark

I'm no help to you, but please let me know what you find. I'm facing the same thing with my 83's stupid "double gunsight" modified hood.

I'm no help to you, but please let me know what you find. I'm facing the same thing with my 83's stupid "double gunsight" modified hood.

Mike, I spoke with Betty Booth @ Nostalgic, they have a few hoods. Some are painted some are striped, pricing is $750 to $850 with shipping extra. After speaking with the paint & body shop that did my cars; the 73 was sold in November, I might go ahead to order another hood. Obviously I need to consider the costs with shipping then the cost of preping and painting the hood and hopefully not spending too much for the fit to be perfect.

Their number is 800-282-6849, speak with Betty; the wife of Dan and tell her Mark spoke with her on tuesday about the hoods.

Good luck

When buying a hood, make sure the hood is set up for the hood prop on the right side like a '64 and later should be. Earlier cars have the hood prop on the drivers side. It shouldn't be a big deal to change it, but that means extra work. Go for overall condition of the hood, but given equal condition, get one with the hood prop mount on the correct side.

Edited by Gunslinger