brake problems

avantidave

I am having a problem with the brakes on my R1. The master cylinder leaked fluid out from the rear of the cylinder. I rebuilt the master cylinder and bled the brakes, but now only have about one quarter of brake pedal, and no power assist. Is it possible that fluid leaked back into the booster and caused it to fail?, or could it just be a fluke that it failed the same time as the master cylinder?. Prior to the cylinder leaking, the booster worked fine. Any ideas???

Fluid could ruin a booster. What do you mean by 1/4 pedal? Is it hard and high or low and close to the floor.

Did you bleed the Master Cylinder itself before bleeding the brakes?

ErnieR

I am having a problem with the brakes on my R1. The master cylinder leaked fluid out from the rear of the cylinder. I rebuilt the master cylinder and bled the brakes, but now only have about one quarter of brake pedal, and no power assist. Is it possible that fluid leaked back into the booster and caused it to fail?, or could it just be a fluke that it failed the same time as the master cylinder?. Prior to the cylinder leaking, the booster worked fine. Any ideas???