Ammeter wiring

RQB Fan

I am resurfacing my instrument panel and re-installing the guages in my '78 RQB 2698. Does the ammeter have a ground wire? I took a picture before I took everything apart and it had a ground wire. Put it back and now no electrical. Also, the rubber grommets - do they go between the wire and the nut?

Thanks for any help.

I am resurfacing my instrument panel and re-installing the guages in my '78 RQB 2698. Does the ammeter have a ground wire? I took a picture before I took everything apart and it had a ground wire. Put it back and now no electrical. Also, the rubber grommets - do they go between the wire and the nut?

Thanks for any help.

I can give you the wiring schmetic for the 63-64. Don't know if it's the same.

Just give me your e-mail address.

Steve

Put it back and now no electrical. Also, the rubber grommets - do they go between the wire and the nut?

Thanks for any help.

No, I can't think of a reason to ever use rubber grommets on studs holding electrical wires.

If you have a shop manual, Body section page 24 says install the two gauges (water temp and ammeter)

through the holes in the instrument panel. Install the instrument case over the retaining studs

and install the insulating grommets and retaining nuts on those studs.

Then connect the electrical wires to the gauges and reinstall the bulb&socket assembly in the

instrument case.

The wiring guide shows a 12 gauge black wire to the positive terminal of the ammeter, and a

12gauge red wire (from the starter solenoid switch) to the negative terminal on the ammeter.

Edited by WayneC