Brake Booster.

A83

Long story but I don't have my original brake booster to trade in.  Plus the ones they keep putting in my car from a Buick I think work for a few days and then get that hissing sound and they tell me the seals are shot.  Anyone know where I can just purchase one outright that will fit ? 

Thank you. 

Kevin

I can't seem to find a brake booster anywhere for my 83 Avanti which now has a 350 ci engine if that makes a difference. Plus I don't have an original to trade in.  Does anyone know which one will fit this car?  I am going crazy with this.

Thanks 

Thanks I am forwarding this  to a performance shop to see if I can get this replicated.   That engine compartment looks beautiful. Where did you get the valve covers? 
A83

• 2 weeks later...

A mechanic told me that the hissing sound is not the brake booster but a vacuum hose connected with the cruise control switch - anyone ever heard of this?  And are cruise control switch available for the 83. 

Update -  aopparently it was the vacuum for the cruise control and the brake booster seems fine.  After all that trouble.  Now where can I find a cruise control switch - Nostalgic?

That depends on what brand cruise control is on the car.  It might be a GM unit or aftermarket.  Calling Dan Booth at Nostalgic would be a good move...he was an Avanti dealer and purchased all their parts inventory when Avanti Motors moved to Youngstown.