HELP!

Linda

We are restoring a 1963 Avanti R2, 4speed. It's about 90% finished. It had not been driven in over 20 years so there has been alot of wiring to replace. We need bulb sockets and pigtails for the parking lights and backup lights. Does anyone know where these can be purchased? I imagine these can be made if a person knows what they are doing. Any input or suggestions on this? I can't believe we are the only ones who need these, but I can't find them anywhere. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. My husband is in charge of getting the car put back together. My job is hunting parts and pieces.

We are restoring a 1963 Avanti R2, 4speed. It's about 90% finished. It had not been driven in over 20 years so there has been alot of wiring to replace. We need bulb sockets and pigtails for the parking lights and backup lights. Does anyone know where these can be purchased? I imagine these can be made if a person knows what they are doing. Any input or suggestions on this? I can't believe we are the only ones who need these, but I can't find them anywhere. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. My husband is in charge of getting the car put back together. My job is hunting parts and pieces.

Try Bob Ziff at Avanti parts and restoration. Phone: (800)524-8142 and also Phil Harris at Fairborn Stude. Phone: (937) 878-1576.

You can also take your old bulb sockets to Pep Boys, Auto Zone or other parts store and match them up to what they sell. You may have to solder on a ground wire to the housing but that's easy enough. When wiring them into the wiring harness, instead of simply crimping them with a connector, I would use male/female detachable connectors which makes for easy connect and disconnects whenever needed. Those pieces are pretty much universal for their time period...the only difference might be the need to attach a ground wire as many sockets were intended to be self-grounding to a steel bodied car.