63R2 Battery reinforcement

63 Avanti R2

I'm in the process of transferring my battery from the trunk to the front of the car. I've stood on my head and then some to figure out where it goes. Is it necessary to have that? It says it fits under fender wall. Can someone send a photo.

Thanks

SR

SR

Sorry I don't have a photo but I did install one some years ago.

The part fits in the front wheel openning side of the inner fender ie on the otherside of where the battery sits.

Take the wheel off and push the part up against the inner fender and it should become apparent where it sits. You then need to glue and rivet it into place.

I hope that helps.

pb

SR

Sorry I don't have a photo but I did install one some years ago.

The part fits in the front wheel openning side of the inner fender ie on the otherside of where the battery sits.

Take the wheel off and push the part up against the inner fender and it should become apparent where it sits. You then need to glue and rivet it into place.

I hope that helps.

pb

Thanks for your input, pb,

GOOD LUCK.

I purchased these parts several years ago and i'm not sure any human knows where the engine side part goes.

The undercar portion is designed for an Avanti II and will need to be cut down in height to fit. (bet the seller didn't tell you that?)

I have asked many times for advice/ photos showing the engine compartment part installed and have had no constuctive help.

Please let us know what you find.

GOOD LUCK.

I purchased these parts several years ago and i'm not sure any human knows where the engine side part goes.

The undercar portion is designed for an Avanti II and will need to be cut down in height to fit. (bet the seller didn't tell you that?)

I have asked many times for advice/ photos showing the engine compartment part installed and have had no constuctive help.

Please let us know what you find.

Bill

Sounds like your battery reinforcement is for a 64. The 63 is completely different and is basically a fibreglass reinforcement of the existing panel. It's easy enough to install as it only fits in one place although it does take a little pushing around to fit nicely. Although I have a 63 Avanti I replaced the inner fender with a 64 so that I could use the normal type battery. The 63 inner fender needed repair anyway. I was going to buy/make and install the 64 type battery reinforcement but like you the inner piece always had me perplexed. If anyone does have a photo of the complete 64 type battery reinforcement installed that would be appreciated.

pb

Edited by 1963r2