1978 power window motor

avanti 350

After 10 years of repair,rebuild, and customizing my 1978 is going to the body shop for paint in the next two weeks. I have only one issue left- the window motors- they run after some work on the passenger side but the window's hang up and run slow up to that point. They are two wire motors and I was able to see Bosch on one but no part number. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. I was wondering also if anyone had converted to a different mechanism. I am a new member and will post some pic's when the car is painted. It has a 4 bold main 350 -60 over , 700 r4 trans , all new leather interior, seats from a Nissan 300, and a coustom built rear spoiler with third brake light strip in the spoiler

I have been on the Johnstone site but have not been able to find out much to identify the motor. The car leaves early am tomorrow for the tranny shop for adjustments , then to my a/c guy for a system charge then to the body shop. at that point I'll be able to pull out one of the motors again and will take and post a pic. I have seen a pic of the 88 motor and the gear box it attaches to and at least the gear box is different , but could not tell about the motor from that picture

Power window motors are usually rebuildable. Check around for some automotive electrical shops and get an estimate on rebuilding them. As long as they're not physically damaged a qualified shop can overhaul the motors. Sometimes the problem is as simple as needing little more than a complete cleaning and oiling. After that, you know they'll fit back in the doors with no modifications. A thorough cleaning and lubing of the track mechanism and rollers helps as well.

Has the door on either side ever been damaged? If so, the window regulators could be messed up just enough to bind. Repair or replacing of them would be in order in that case. Just a thought.