1983 Avanti in recent TV show "Psych" aired on 8/11/10

okc63avanti

During the most recent episode (Season 5, Episode 5 on 8/11/10) of "Psych" a comedy/drama TV series one of the characters Carlton Lassiter (actor Tim Omundson) walks by a parked gold colored Avanti and says ... a 1983 Avanti one of 189 made that year and designed and inspired by the 1964 Studebaker Avanti.

The episode is called "Shawn & Guns in Drag (Racing)"

Here's a link to a website where you can watch the episode online the clip with the Avanti happens about 8 mins and 45 secs into the episode ...

http://www.casttv.com/shows/psych/shawn-and-gus-in-drag-racing/nmbx60b

It would be nice to know who's Avanti this belongs to ...

I know this car. The car sat outside for many years a few blocks from the ocean in Ocean Grove, New Jersey. The mechanic who bought the car was going to restore it, but left it alone and did minor stuff; tuneup, fuel/fluid changes,etc. We met a few times at local shows. Just recently he sold the car for what he paid for it, about $5800.00 This car needed chrome work, full paint, all rubber around doors/windows replaced. The carpet was exhausted and some interior work needed. I know the torque boxes were an issue. I can not speak about the mechanics as I did not drive the car.

When I remember the owners name I will add it later and will try to find out who bought the car too.

Mark