New member and 63 parts needed

JTB

Hi All,

I just bought a 63 Avanti R1 and look forward to meeting other Avanti owners. My wife (Trudenka) and I live in Petaluma, CA and have been working on Studebakers for about seven years. We started with a 53 hard top Champion but then really caught the bug and now have five Studebakers (they are ALL projects). I have loved the Avanti since I was 13. Our neighbor bought a new one and, I can tell you that in Petaluma, 1963 in a dairy community it was magic. Now 47 years later we have our own Avanti sitting in our garage waiting to be made road worthy. We just picked up a new master cylinder and vacuum break assist from Studebakers West. The break repair will make the car safe to drive but the interior needs some work to make the car fun to be in. What's missing is the A pillar interior covers, the door panel on the passenger side, the upper panels for the rear passenger side, and the upholstered pieces that go behind the sun visors. I'm hoping some one out there has leads and/or the Glendale event vendors will help.

Regards,

John Brayton

johnbrayton@att.net

• 2 weeks later...