1981 interior parts RQB 3231

Ross

Hi, I am Ross, Heart of Dixie SDC, Alabama. Also AOAI. I am looking for several parts, and would appreciate any help.

1. Recarro seat adjuster covers and knobs.

2. Outside rear view mirrors, Left and Right. Look like AMC any good repops out there?

3. Windshield washer jug...mice.

4. Nardi Steering wheel

Thanks for now. Ross

rdjohnson71@bellsouth.net

Try this site for mirrors...they show a repop left side mirror...don't know about a matching right side...amc repop mirrors.

As far as Recaro parts, try contacting Recaro and see what they might be have. For the steering wheel, you need to know who made the one in your car...it could be AMC, GM or Chrysler. What kind of key do you have? That should tell you who made the column, then you can look for the right steering wheel. For a windshield washer jug...I can't suggest anything beyond contacting Nostalgic Motors and see what they might have. If they can't be of help, look through online catalogs like NAPA or Dorfman and see if any they offer will work.

Hi, I am Ross, Heart of Dixie SDC, Alabama. Also AOAI. I am looking for several parts, and would appreciate any help.

1. Recarro seat adjuster covers and knobs.

2. Outside rear view mirrors, Left and Right. Look like AMC any good repops out there?

3. Windshield washer jug...mice.

4. Nardi Steering wheel

Thanks for now. Ross

rdjohnson71@bellsouth.net

Here's some thoughts...

I'm not sure what you are asking about the Nardi wheel... you can purchase them new or used

(about $400 new, and $100 to $200 for decent used ones on eBay). They all have the same bolt

pattern, 6 holes on a 2 7/8 inch circle, so the task is to find an adapter that matches your

steering column and the Nardi, and also a pleasing horn button kit. If you remove your steering

wheel and make a tracing of those screw holes, you can probably give that to a vendor who could

identify the pattern (AMC column made by GM Saginaw steering, probably same bolt pattern as

70's Chevys) and sell you an adapter. There are usually lots of Nardi wheels, various adapters

and spacers, and Nardi horn button/trim ring kits on eBay. You can even use an adapter made

for another wheel manufacturer, like Momo, and you'll find Momo to Nardi adapter/spacers on eBay.

The problem is finding parts that work and with a sleeve that will cover the adapter hardware.

I did it once, but it's so long ago I don't remember what parts I used (I picked them up at swap meets, some fit, some didn't). Avanti vendors like Nostalgic Motors might be able to help you, too.

Wish I knew where the wiper reservoir came from, I had thought it was from a Corvette, but it

doesn't seem to be. I'd try Nostalgic, and the NAPA catalog (in case it's an aftermarket item

like the radiator overflow tank). Or maybe this repair kit could make it serviceable again:

http://tinyurl.com/y88znq2

I doubt anyone has offers repop mirrors (another question for Nostalgic).

Jaguar XJS (74-78?) had very similar mirrors to those on the Avanti, although I have no idea

whether the mounting stem to the door surface is the same; I didn't find any vendors offering

those XJS mirrors, so I doubt those can be found new, either... if you go the used route, that's

a possible source for used mirrors.

Would it not be possible to re-chrome yours (assuming you have a pair)?

I own RQB-3651 which is a 1983 Avanti.

My car came from the factory with a six bolt steering wheel adapter as described previously. The adapter and wheel are MOMO and it should fit a Nardi six-bolt wheel also.  I'm not very knowledgeable about Avanti's but I just bought a six-bolt leather steering wheel from Ebay. It is of unknown origin but says Made in France on it and it bolts directly to the Momo adapter on my column. I adapted the horn button to fit and added an Avanti Logo to the horn button.

Three reasons I bring it up is 1: For info my column is Chrysler by the Pentastar shaped key so yours may be similiar due to similiarity of the years. 2: The wheel I purchased was installed on a Corvette and I have the adapter from that wheel. It is available if someone can use to convert  a column to six-bolt wheel. 3: I'm volunteering to send pictures of my setup to you if that will help to resolve the steering wheel issue.

Bob

Hi, Ross, I have 3771 - also an 83. Nostalgic sold me a new windshield washer reservoir a couple of years ago. If you find where to get the Recaro seat... no, you mentioned adjuster knobs. Mine didn't have the seatback releae knobs. At any rate, of you find them please let us know where. 3771 has a Nardi wheel so I can't be of help there.