Dunlop Disc pads

g2watch

Hello,

Can anyone advise what type of front disc pads go onto my 1981 Avanti 11. the pads and rotors are good however, the pads are getting worn and I want to change them before they go out. The disc calipers are Dunlop type.

Also, does anyone know what rear brakes shoes come from, I do not have much luck at the auto parts store looking under Avanti.

Thanks,

Ray

You can get the pads from most any of the Stude/Avanti vendors that support this site...Jon Myers, Studebaker International, Nostalgic Motors, et al. An old NAPA part number is S702. I have no idea if that's still a good number with them.

I would definitely go with any of the above vendors for those rear shoes...they're different from the original Stude rear brake shoes and I have no idea what they might interchange with. There will be a core charge for them without trade-in shoes.

Hello,

Can anyone advise what type of front disc pads go onto my 1981 Avanti 11. the pads and rotors are good however, the pads are getting worn and I want to change them before they go out. The disc calipers are Dunlop type.

Also, does anyone know what rear brakes shoes come from, I do not have much luck at the auto parts store looking under Avanti.

Thanks,

Ray

Ray-

The rear brake shoes are a #228 for a 11x2" drum, and they are used in many applications. If they ask you for a car at the auto parts store tell them it's for a '69 Chevy Caprice. The front pads were also common to other cars with the early style Dunlop disc brakes, such as '62 Jaguar XKE. The pads and shoes are available from all of the Avanti parts vendors if your local store doesn't have them.

You can get the pads from most any of the Stude/Avanti vendors that support this site...Jon Myers, Studebaker International, Nostalgic Motors, et al. An old NAPA part number is S702. I have no idea if that's still a good number with them.

I would definitely go with any of the above vendors for those rear shoes...they're different from the original Stude rear brake shoes and I have no idea what they might interchange with. There will be a core charge for them without trade-in shoes.

• 2 weeks later...